The Asia Pacific Association for Fiduciary Studies (APAFS) is a Guam based 501 (c)3 non-profit educational and charitable association. APAFS was founded for and by, representatives from public and private institutional funds from around the Asia Pacific Region.
The goal of APAFS is to raise the level of understanding and standards of practice among fiduciaries in the region, so that they may provide the most prudent stewardship of the funds entrusted to their care.
In order to meet this goal, APAFS has embraced the following objectives:
- To convene a conference annually, or as determined most appropriate by the Board of Governors, to address issues relevant to organization members and other interested parties, to include fiduciary best practices and investment related subjects. This conference shall be known as the “Pacific Region Investment Conference”.
- To convene topic specific mini-conferences, each to be known as a “Country Conference”, as requested by members in the various member jurisdictions.
- To convene educational programs designed to provide education to the region’s future fiduciaries at the college/university level, as may be requested by members in the various member jurisdictions. Each such program shall be known as a “Student Program”.
- To provide other fiduciary training programs as determined appropriate by the Board of Governors, to include programs designed and offered by third party entities.
- To serve as a resource to members, by making the expertise of the organization available for projects that members may wish to undertake relative to the organizations mission.